Target groups/end users
CephsInAction has a wide and widening target. The Action addresses many categories of scientists and people who are interested in research on animals, in general, and cephalopods in particular.
Ideally, as its specific target, CephsInAction addresses:
• Scientists studying biology, growth, behaviour and physiology of cephalopods under laboratory conditions: who will benefit from the coordination of research efforts, and the identification of gaps in knowledge.
• The life science community as well as researchers from other fields, like engineering, interested in broad interdisciplinary research (e.g. EU FP7 funded Projects: Octopus, Stiff Flop).
• Early career scientists who want to follow a career in cephalopod biology.
• Veterinarians, aquaculture specialists and aquariologists who will now have sources of information as to how to examine evaluate and improve the welfare of these animals.
• Students and the general public who, via the website and dedicated educational programs, will gain an understanding about the welfare of these animals.
• Fishermen who will be informed and instructed on the best practices for capture, transport and handling of cephalopods.
• Policy makers and ethics committee who will be informed of the value of such information in support of decision making.